Every year the SLM holds a Day of Prayer for Sierra Leone on the 2nd Sunday in May. This year it is on the 9th May, and the prayer requests we have circulated to our supporters in the UK are below.
- The Connexion in Sierra Leone has undergone a change in leadership. Sallu Koroma is now General Superintendent and Theophilus Nicol is his Assistant GS. Pray for the relationship building that will be needed through this changeover.
- Sylvanus Nicol our head agent, that he makes a good recovery from his double hernia operation.
- Daniel Koroma in Mongegba, one of our ministers, who is trying to improve the lives of local children, who after school go to work in the local quarry until 7pm, breaking up stones to be sold.
- Our ministers who are seeking to actively share God’s good news with their communities.
- A number of churches have requested help with wells and the church at Mabang is considering a new agricultural project. Village churches can be two miles away from the nearest source of free water. The ‘credit crunch’ has affected the cost of food, so people are hoping to grow their own and also to sell the surplus to provide an income.
- Rev Jacob Dove whose wife has died in childbirth, losing the baby as well, and leaving Jacob with three young children.
- Ministers wives are running sewing groups as a means of outreach and support. They need more sewing machines and wisdom to build this ministry.
- James from Fogbo, a young man who wanted a Bible to help him witness. Pray that his new Bible will be a spur and a blessing.